Based on the How Culture Works Model, the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) complements the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI®) by measuring the Causal Factors (Levers for Change) that shape culture and the Outcomes of culture at the individual, group, and organizational levels.
The OEI provides an actionable, impactful, and research-based alternative to employee attitude and opinion surveys, linking climate and culture in terms of:
- What people experience and perceive as members of the organisation
- The impact this has on what they believe is expected of them (norms and culture)
- How culture in turn leads to important outcomes at the individual level (e.g., engagement), the group level (e.g., teamwork), and the organisational level (e.g., adaptability and quality)
This comprehensive survey, particularly when used in conjunction with the culture inventory assesses the most important internal factors and conditions likely to impact organisational performance and sustainability. Together, the culture inventory and effectiveness inventory provide a complete picture of the case for change and the levers for change by measuring Ideal and Current Culture and the OEI measuring organisational practices and outcomes, clear reasons and strategies emerge for initiating and guiding change and development.
- Integrates with the Culture Inventory to provide a complete and integrated “map” of organisational culture and effectiveness
- Based on years of research on the factors that influence cultural styles and the outcomes of culture
- Takes the guesswork out of change by enabling consultants and leaders to identify specific and relevant levers for cultural transformation
- Meets academic and psychometric standards and provides norms and benchmarks based on a research sample (rather than on skewed client data)